A clear sense of self is inextricably linked to a high level of congruence. With a high level of congruence, then, as an individual, there is no doubt that one will be more likely to effectively create a positive impact on his or her surroundings. Mahatma Gandhi echoed,
“In a gentle way you can shake the world”.
These words resonate with me as they very well describe the path that I have taken to make a positive impact on the lives of my fellow earthly citizens. However small, however long, I endeavor to create that golden impact as predestined by my Creator.
Now here’s my personal truth…
- I am a learner. I am energized and fascinated by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence. Click here to see what I am currently learning.
- My faith is important to me. All that I am or will ever hope to be, I owe to the One who breathed breath into my lungs.
- My metamorphosis began at age 17 from a timid young girl into a confident young woman. A professor, Keneisha Thompson told me, “You are a great leader.” My life has never been the same since. I have not been the same.
- I enjoy reading. But I do not have a favourite author. Click here to see what books I am currently reading.
- I am a high achiever. In 9th grade, I heard about the Business award that was usually given to the top business student at graduation. I made the decision at that time that I would receive this award. In June 2012, I received it. It was the Glenn and Joyce Logan Award for the most outstanding student in business. More awards & achievements are listed here.
- I enrolled in my first college at 16 years old. I was the youngest female enrolled in the IT program. I was intimidated at first because I was not used to being around so many males at the same time. It was too much testosterone for me. I called my best friend and started crying that I cannot do this. She told me that I could. And that was that. “She believed that she could so she did.” Period.
- I love to laugh. Like seriously, I am sometimes the hyena among my friends (covers face).
- In my first year at my first college, a senior male told me that the smartest guy in the program has not received the High Achiever Award so I should forget about it. I received the award not once, but twice. Lesson: when someone tells you that you cannot do something, tell them “Watch me.”
- I have a heart for travelling. I want to do a 30 cities tour close to my 30th birthday (30 by 30). 🙂
- I love intensely. I care deeply. I love my family, and friendships are precious to me.
Thank you for reading!